Earn and Learn with Mighty Minds
Pick the times you want to work from home, have all the resources and technical training provided, and be well paid for your time.
Are you an experienced teacher who is familiar with the new Queensland Senior Curriculum and Assessment (ATAR) system in your specialist subject area? Mighty Minds is seeking a team of passionate, senior teachers to fill a variety of new roles. We are looking for applicants for the following positions:
Online tutors (positions available from Term 1, 2019)
We are looking for Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics teachers to deliver online tutoring sessions to groups of 8–15 students. Each session will last two hours; in the first hour, you will guide students through specific problems/ theory developed by Mighty Minds, and in the second hour tackle the questions requested by the students in your group. Using Mighty Minds resources, you will deliver the sessions from the comfort of your own home at pre-determined times to suit you.
Facilitators (positions available from January 2019)
We are seeking experienced Physics, Chemistry, Specialist Mathematics, General Mathematics and Mathematical Methods teachers. Some teachers will be required to travel to north Queensland from January 14 to January 18, 2019 to facilitate holiday courses for Year 11 students. All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Mighty Minds. Applicants must have at least five years teaching experience.
Assessment designers (positions available from 2019)
We are seeking assessment designers for the new Queensland Senior Curriculum and Assessment system for all Queensland senior subjects that can contribute to an ATAR score. This role will involve preparing practice assessment material, particularly for Units 1 and 2 of Year 11. Applicants must be very familiar with the new QCAA syllabus and have QCAA Assessment accreditation. Stage 2 accreditation is preferable, but Stage 1 applicants will be considered.
Resource Developers (positions available from 2019)
This role will involve developing resources for Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Successful applicants will be required to write practice assessment material, questions, activities and theory which will be used in a variety of education contexts, particularly the holiday courses commencing in January 2019. We ask that applicants have a least a Bachelor degree in the field which they are applying. High school teaching experience is preferred but not essential in order to fulfil the requirements of the role. You will be required to interpret the QCAA senior syllabus for the subject/s which you are applying.
Advantages of joining Mighty Minds:
- Earn a second income to supplement your teaching income.
- Broaden your professional network within the education industry.
- Gain more teaching experience.
- Develop experience creating resources (particularly in the case of assessment designers).
- Deepen your knowledge of the new Queensland senior syllabus.
All these positions have the potential to develop into full-time, permanent work. We are looking for a dedicated team who will enhance student learning and promote a climate of success.
All applicants must:
- Be familiar with the QCAA syllabus for the relevant senior subjects that they are applying for.
- Be committed to delivering quality education.
- Have exceptional communication skills, particularly if applying for tutoring or facilitator roles.
- Have the right to live and work in Australia.
- Have a reliable internet connection.
- Be willing to learn how to use the required technology. We will provide the training you need.
If this sounds like the position for you, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please include in your application:
- A cover letter (one page maximum) outlining the role(s) you wish to apply for. Please ensure you outline why you are interested in working at Mighty Minds and list any training you have completed related to the new senior system in Queensland
- Your CV.
- Any other supporting documentation you believe is relevant to your application.